dimanche 30 octobre 2011

Sunny Sunday

Dear friend,

I start my sixth week in Auckland. Friday, it will be the half of my English course, already. This week-end has been more busy that the previous one, and began with the Halloween party Friday night. So, I could show myself in a ridiculous costume, so as to definitely lose all my credibility in the most popular pubs in Auckland. Unfortunately, I didn’t bring my camera, but when I’m writing, even if I can go on internet, I know that the pictures are already on Facebook.

As a result, Saturday morning, the wake up was not so easy. However, Saturday night, I could taste some Pinot Noirs from Otago, and I must say I haven’t been disappointed. I think they are among the best wine I could taste. A big “thank you” to Kevin, who opened to bottle just for me (that does not mean that I drink them alone, let’s be clear).

Sunday, a hike on Rangitoto Island, organised Saturday at 11pm, by test messages. So, we met in the morning in Auckland, ans we took the ferry that took us to the island, which is actually a sleeping volcano. It culminates at 260m, which means that it’s quite a short, but lovely walk. Before we reached the cone, we went to the Lava Caves, where we could experience an ersatz of speleology. Actually, this is just 10min in a small tunnel, under the volcanic rocks and in the dark. We walked with the only light of our flashes, and finally get out a few tens metres later.

Then we eat on the top of the volcano, with a French and a Spanish that we met there, and next we started to walk again, after a small nap at the sun.

It has been quite a short hike, maybe 3 or 4 hours walk, but a good way to enjoy a sunny Sunday! This doesn’t make me want to go to the School tomorrow, nor to deal with the Universities and stuff like this.

See you very soon,

Seb

4 commentaires:

  1. Why don't you put any photograph in our english article ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Because I thought nobody read the English articles ! Anyway the photo are the same. Who are you dear anonyme ? :D

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hi Seb! Is this your last comment? Time to put another one... Rsrsrs
    Oh, who am I? Your best friend from NZ-Brazil.... And enjoy NZ for me, ok? Cheers!!!
    Debora

    RépondreSupprimer