dimanche 4 décembre 2011

Double culinary experiment

My dear friend

A small change today: traducing from French to English being quite difficult, I’ve decided to write my article in English first. But actually, if I post both at the same time, you won’t notice. So you don’t care, and this first paragraph might be completely useless. Thank you for your attention.

In this article, I will talk about my culinary adventures. Not kiwi food, but Mongolian food and English food. I hope most of you don’t know the concept of Mongolian BBQ, otherwise I’ll just sound stupid, and my whole article will be as pointless as the first paragraph.

Auckland is a very cosmopolitan city, in which live people from many countries, especially from Asia, and Pacific Islands. As a result, there are a wide variety of restaurants and food. Obviously, I could have tried all this in Paris, but I didn’t. Moreover, in Auckland, you can eat a real Thai, Korean, or Japanese meal for less than 10€. Under the huge pressure of my eastern friends, I have tried more different food in 3 month than ever before (I might be exaggerating a little, to make it sound interesting).
So, Saturday, I went with one of my friend, and his homestay family to a Mongolian BBQ. I didn’t know the concept, so I started worrying when I’ve seen all the uncooked meat, octopus, and other sea fruits on the buffet. So I wasn’t really confident when I put all those things in a little bowl with some vegetable and exotic sauces. It became much more enthusiastic when I gave it to the cook, who put it on the BBQ. After a few minutes, I could finally taste. It turned out to be really tasty, and I would even say ‘delicious’.
I came back home (not before a few beers in a Pub in Takapuna) happy with this interesting experiment. I didn’t know I would try something much more exotic the next morning: an English breakfast. Long story short, eggs + tomato beans + toast + bacon in the morning it’s… actually pretty good!
My next food-trip will probably be less original: French food! I happen to miss having bread on the table when I eat, and even though I have got nothing against chopsticks and spoons, forks and knifes can be nice for change!

See you soon,

เสบๅสเฅ้ยน

BTW: I’m learning Thai! ;)

1 commentaire:

  1. At least you don't love cheese so you can't be so sad... missing bread is like... well, not a big deal! :D

    RépondreSupprimer